Get to know the project: V2Market is an innovative service to incorporate EV batteries into the electricity system as storage and flexible capacity using Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G) and Vehicle-to-Building (V2B) technology. Àrea Metropolitana Barcelona (AMB), which comprises 36 municipalities, will test the V2Market service in real market conditions.
Why is it relevant to the public?
V2Market will offer new revenue streams for energy efficiency and flexibility services to EV owners.
More specifically, EV owners will:
1. Cut their energy bills
2. Help the system to integrate more renewables
3. Boost self-consumption
4. Gain revenues by giving services to the grid
Energy communities will also benefit from V2Market services by:
1. Enhancing mobility services for the community
2. Reducing investments per capita
3. Gaining revenues by contracting an EV aggregator
4. Increasing air quality & climate mitigation effects
What were the objectives achieved at ENLIT?
V2Market was present at ENLIT Europe 2022 within the smartEn pavilion on demand-side flexibility together with the Horizon 2020 sister projects, Neon & SmartSPIN. The main objective achieved was to introduce the project to as many people, engaged in driving the energy transition, as possible.